What Causes Dental Crowding?
There are various causes of dental crowding that requires orthodontic treatment. Both genetic and environmental factors may cause crowding alignment of teeth.
- Discrepancy between the size of jaw and size of teeth,
- Loss and caries of deciduous teeth when effective oral and dental care is neglected,
- Malposition of erupted teeth after loss of deciduous teeth,
- Tonsil and Adenoid problems,
- Mouth breathing,
- Using pacifier and feeding bottle for a long time and similar causes may lead skeletal problems and cause many problems like dental crowding and occlusion disorders.
Teeth Should Be Corrected By Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontics provide proper and healthy alignment of crowding teeth. Malposition of teeth during eruption effects oral and dental health negatively. Malposition of teeth decreases the effectiveness of brushing and leads some health problems including;
- Gingiva problems,
- Tooth decays and tooth loss related with tooth decays,
- Jaw muscles under extreme pressure leads temporomandibular joint disorders,
- Head, back and shoulder ache due to Temporomandibular joint disorders,
- Chewing and speech disorders,
- Self confidence problems and similar complaints due to having an appearance far from esthetic
Orthodontic treatment is very important for both appearance and health. Problems shouldn’t be ignored and the problem should be determined immediately by visiting an experienced orthodontist for achieving a solution because orthodontic treatment is a long term treatment method.