Department of dentistry interested in diagnosis and treatment of problems which proceed through the vital tissue of teeth (pulp) including nerve and vessels and surrounding tissues.
Stages of Root Canal Treatment
- The problematic tooth is detected by taking an x-ray.
- Sensitivity of tooth and surrounding tissues are eliminated by using local anesthetics if the tooth is vital.
- The cavity is prepared to reach the pulp by cleaning decays on enamel and dentin layers of tooth.
- The tooth is isolated by placing a rubber dam.
- Working length is determined by using electronic devices and confirmed by radiography.
- Infected dentin layers and microorganisms inside the root canal are removed by using rotary instruments.
- Elimination of microorganisms is provided by various root canal disinfectants while using rotary instruments inside root canals.
- It should be waited for a certain time period by putting an antiseptic inside the root canal if the tooth is non vital and in this case, root canal filling will be performed in the next appointment.